* My wife arranged a sitter and surprised me with a sushi/Chinese dinner and a movie last night. An honest to god, not a cartoon, in a theater movie. If you’re into horror flicks, check out Mama. It is one of those movies that makes you feel icky when you leave the theater.
* Bug is hilarious. This morning she decided to stay home with Mama over coming to work with Mom. She was upstairs and I asked her for a hug.
“Yes! I’m coming. Hold on, Mom!”
Yesterday she fed me her unwanted Oreo. “Dat good, Mom? You like Oweoh?”
I’m always stunned when they start copying your phrases, tone and voice inflections!
Yesterday she sang me happy birthday.
Happy birfday to my mommy
Up above the world so high
* Bug is scary smart. It has been four weeks now, but she asked to pick Truman up from the doctor and take him to her house.
We told her he went to heaven.
“Oh. Truman dead.”
Since we were careful to not use that word, we are slightly confused as to how she put those two concepts together.
“Go see Truman at Truman’s house?”
Talk about a knife to the gut!
* When Bubba was her age, he freaked me out as well. Due to some bleeding nine weeks into my pregnancy with him, they believe it was a twin pregnancy and one fetus was miscarried.
I heard him talking to himself in his room and went to investigate.
“Who are you talking to, Buddy?”
“You don’t have a brother.”
Yes I do. He looks just like me and lives up there. (He stated while pointing at the sky.)
* My kids are freaks.
* We are de-hording and minimalizing our house. Big time. Less is more. The kitchen has had a drastic makeover. I can’t wait until it is completely done.
* My return to college has been put on the back burner. A.) I still have no idea what I truly want to do. B.) It makes so much sense on so many levels for Ash to get her degree before I finish mine. I’m surprisingly content with this decision.
* Life is good.
Excuse me, Mom. You are interupting us.